Which of the following are (1) Habits (things we can work on) and which ones are (2) Things we can't change (just they way things are):
- I always try to be on time - but I am always late.
- I am always a caring person.
- I am the type of person that is a planner - I have trouble doing.
- I over analyze things and don't take action.
- I take to much action and don't thing through problems.
When you think about it - It's hard to decide if we are born with certain dispositions are not. It's important to know the boundaries of our character but too often we rush to state with certainty - "this is the way things" are or "the way I am" - rather then asking what's the habit or system behind this choice.
Next time try thinking in systems and habits vs fate and predispositions.